Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back to the ship

To finish off what I did in Puerto Rico, I went to the restaurant where the pina colada was created. Delicious! I also did some more kayaking to a beautiful beach. After a three-day stay in Puerto Rico, I am back on the ship until next Tuesday when we arrive to Brazil. I am slightly scared to go there, especially because we are arriving the last night of Carnaval. I am taking an early morning flight to the Amazon and I think I have 3 layovers. It should be quite an adventure just getting there.
 
So, now that I am back on the ship, I am taking classes. They are: History as a Memoir, Human Rights and Ethics, World Cities, and Global Studies. Each of these classes specifically relate to the countries that we will be visiting. Since I am not taking these classes for credit, I am trying to tell myself that I don't need to get an "A" and to take in all the other activities and relaxation. At night there are a variety of movies showing and events going on. Last night, our photographer had a presentation about travel photography and his pictures were awesome. I strive to have pictures like that!
 
The food on the ship is pretty good. I think it will be rough when we get to the end of our time on water and they haven't restocked with fresh food. There is definitely repitition, but there are a variety of options. Lots of fish, pasta, salad, and pb&j.

13 comments:

old guy said...

Hey Becca,
ryan and I are stuck in Reno so I finally had some time to look at the blog. Keep on taking lots of pics. Enjoy the experience! Mr. Schulteis and his class will be following you too.
Dad

Anonymous said...

No, you don't need "A"s! Enjoy everything to the fullest. Is there a lot to do on the boat besides classes? I'm glad you're having fun, and just hink of all the great food you can have at each stop.
-Jillian

Anonymous said...

My name is jake kallan, i am a student in Mr.Schulteis Class. I think what you are doing is cool. I think it's hard to be on a ship a lot. But i think you should also try to get "A"s in class. I still like what you are doing. Keep up the good work
-Jake Kallan

Anonymous said...

Dear Becca,
My name is Cassy I am a sixth grade student at lake denoon and am in Mr.Schulteis's class. I have a few questions for you. Do you ever get tired of eating the same food on the ship? Also do you ever miss your family or friends?

Anonymous said...

Hi i'm Kyle Warkoczewski in Mr. Schulteis class of 2007-2008 and i was wondering why you did this and what inspierd you? Anyway i think that what you are doing is very cool and very surprising with all of the different places you have been. I have another question, What is it like in Peking it sounds like it is very nasty from Mr. Schulteis have told us and sound like they got alot of work to do before the olympics.

Anonymous said...

hi my name is brody from Mr.Schulteis's class was that one of your first trips on a boat?

Anonymous said...

hi my name is brody from Mr.Schulteis's class was that one of your first trips on a boat?

Anonymous said...

hi my name is brody from Mr.Schulteis's class was that one of your first trips on a cruise ship

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
This is Hailey in Mr.Schulteis Social Studies class. Was that your first time on a boat at sea?
Did you get seasick at all? I know i would. It sounds like you are having fun. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hello Becca, My name is Sanya. I am from Mr. Schulteis class during social studies at Lake Denoon Middle School. I was wonering if that was your first trip on a boat? I would be so scared if i was there. I dont like the rocking of a boat.

Anonymous said...

hi becca your blog is so awesome. I cant belive you did this whole thing i know i cant. Ha ha. i hope you are having soooooooooooo much fun. it sure sounds like it. My name is Amanda La Licata from Mr. Schulteis class i take social studies with him. heyy did you get sea sick when you where on the boat. do you like China a lot? thanks for the blog. bye

Anonymous said...

hi it's amanda again i was wondering how old do you like that turtle was? how was the bahamas? have fun bye!!♥☺

Anonymous said...

heyy becca how's your trip my name is amanda from mr. Schulteis class i have a few puestions for you. was it so cool to see a turtle that big id like to see one that big. thanks for the blog bye