Saturday, January 19, 2008

Welcome to my blog!

It is late Friday night (or early Saturday morning) and I am pretty much packed for my cruise around the world. My two suitcases and my backpacking backpack are stuffed as much as possible and probably over the weight limit, but oh well. I am most definitely forgetting things, but that will make the trip all the more exciting! I have packed such a variety of things for the many places and climates: warm and cold clothes, stickers for kids in the countries, lots of medications for malaria, sea sickness, etc., a hard drive for all my pictures, and so much more!

In 7 hours, I will be driving down to Chicago with Auntie Jane and Mom. Our flight departs at 12:35 PM from O'Hare (in theory, but we all know that O'Hare is known for their delays) and we arrive in Nassau at 4:45 PM. We will be relaxing and enjoying the warmth of the Bahamas (as compared to the frigid negative temperatures in WI) until Wednesday, when I depart on my ship. The itinerary is as follows:

  • Puerto Rico: 1/26 - 1/28
  • Brazil: 2/5 - 2/9
  • South Africa: 2/19 - 2/24
  • Mauritius: 3/1 - 3/4
  • India: 3/11 - 3/15
  • Malaysia: 3/19 - 3/23
  • Vietnam: 3/27 - 4/1
  • Hong Kong: 4/3 - 4/4
  • China: 4/7 - 4/8
  • Japan: 4/11 - 4/14
  • Hawaii: 4/22
  • Costa Rica: 5/3 - 5/4
  • Miami, Florida: 5/9!
Between each port, I will be taking classes and then when I arrive to the countries, I can travel independently or with the Semester at Sea (SAS) program. I plan on taking lots of pictures and update my blog at least once a week, if not more. I look forward to hearing from all of you. Thanks for all your support and I can't wait to share my stories (probably good and bad, happy and sad) with all of you. Until next time...

You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this."
~Henry David Thoreau

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Becca!
Wish u all the best, seems like an unforgettable experience...
John, one of ur FASIP advisees ;)

Anonymous said...

To my favorite fabulous Becca:
I can't believe last night was the last time we'll talk for 4 months! I miss you already but I hope you have an exciting trip. I'm expecting lots of fabulous Becca photography.

All the best,

Petra

Anonymous said...

Take pictures of all the sunsets. :)

Anonymous said...

Safe sailing! The Princess and I look forward to hearing about all your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Hi becca, my name is Andre and i am a student in Mr. Shulteis' class. i think that everything you are doing in these different countries and awsome places is really cool. i think your information is very exciting and the pictures are so cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca this Kendall again! I can't wait to see how the rest of your trip is going to be! It is already very exciting. I really want to hear about Costa-rica. That is cool that you went to Muskego High School. That is where I am going to go! You are very cool for going on all these trips around the world! I will have to come back on your blog so I can read about Costa-rica. Please take lots of pictures for me!!!
-Kendall

Anonymous said...

There are some COOL sharks!

Anonymous said...

Cool Sunset! It is sooooo pretty
i would love a picture of that one day.
Have fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

We all want to be on the same trip as you. (But we are all stuck in a smellly school, several hours a day.)