Monday, February 25, 2008

In love with South Africa

Amazing. That is all that can be said. Cape Town and the rest of South Africa is incredible. I wish I had so much more time in Cape Town - there is so much to do. I was only able to do Habitat for Humanity and cycling in the winelands. Then, I was off to my wonderful safari. We stayed at a luxuriously rustic lodge and the bathroom was larger than the size of my cabin on the ship. We had an outdoor shower and a bathtub to relax in. There was a mosquito net around our beds. These five-star accommodations were quite in contrast to my riverboat down the Amazon. As for the animals that we saw, my expectations were completely exceeded. We saw everything, well except for a leopard. That is one of the hardest animals to spot and I haven't met anyone who did see one. But we did see:
  • lions
  • elephants
  • giraffes
  • zebras
  • crocodile
  • monkeys
  • snake
  • hippos
  • rhinos
  • baboons
  • kudu
  • wildebeest
  • waterbuck
  • wild dogs
  • owls
  • impala
More stories for later, but I just wanted to put up a preliminary post with some pictures. More pictures of South Africa are at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2047722&l=99e97&id=704151
 
 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Kendall from Mr. Shutei's room. That is really cool that you were so close to all those animals.

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Cassie From Mr.Schulties room. I was wondering if you had any pictures of the giraffes?
I think that is so cool that you got to see those and be that close to the animals.

What is a Kudu?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Becca! My name is Erika from Mr. Schulteis's class. That safari sounded so much fun- I've always wanted to go on one! I have the same question as Cassie, though...What IS a Kudu?

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Michael from Mr. Schulties room i was wondering if you have any pictures of hippos. if you do please post them on your blog. Thank you

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what a waterbuck is?

Anonymous said...

hi i was wondering what a impala was.

Anonymous said...

hi, My name is Jake from Mr.Schulteis's class. Did you see any lions attack any animals???

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca! My name is Allison from Mr. Schulteis room. I would love to go to South Africa because I LOVE animals. I would do anything to go.

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Alex from Mr.Shulties class how did u get all of those pics of of the zebra. do u have pics of all the animals that u named on the home page if u did that would b cool if u would put a pic of all of them.

Anonymous said...

hi my name is Dominick from mr. Schulties class i was wondering if you saw any wild chickens or turkeys or somthing like that. if you did and if you have a picture of one could you please post one on your blog. thank you

Anonymous said...

Jake u r mean!!!

Anonymous said...

did the zebra run away???

Anonymous said...

hi, im Brody from Mr.Schulteis's class what was your favorite animal that you saw on your trip to south Africa?

Anonymous said...

this iss cameron from mr.schulteis's class. What is a kudo? And on the list of animals impala is a funny word think its like

IM-Pal-la its funny because of the pal-la part

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca
this is Hailey in Mr.Schulteis Social Studies class.
that is such a cool picture of a
zebra.
I always wanted to see those animals up close in the wild. I was wondering if u had any pictures of giraffes or lions. These pictures are soooo cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca.
My name is Sanya. Im from Mr. Schulties class. Did you see any other animals becides:
lions
elephants
giraffes
zebras
crocodile
monkeys
snake
hippos
rhinos
baboons
kudu
wildebeest
waterbuck
wild dogs
owls
impala
and i was wondering what is a impala and a kudu?