Monday, April 28, 2008

Random fun on the ship

We are halfway done with the long voyage from Hawaii to Costa Rica. I am not minding it - just playing lots of Scrabble and writing essays. It is exam time. Unfortunately, the weather is beautiful and so we are tempted to hang out and do nothing, while we should be studying. That's alright though, it is a rough life that I live.
 
The Ambassador's Ball was on Friday. At first I didn't want to go because I had nothing to wear - a lot of girls got dresses made in Vietnam. Yet, on my little J.Crew shopping spree, I found an outfit. I can always count on my favorite store. The ball ended up being really fun. We had a multiple-course dinner with champagne. I got my picture taken with Cap Roms (shown above). Anabel, Brittany, and I relived our karaoke fun from Japan. Dani, Allyson, and I danced the night away with the faculty and staff at the oldies dance. Nothing like dancing on a rocking ship.
 
Not much else happening here...Costa Rica is in five days. After that, we need to get in the mindset of returning to America...
 

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes."

Marcel Proust

No comments: