Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Last night in Bahamas!

































Things I learned today in the Bahamas:
  • the sun actually does come out
  • gas is $4.70 per gallon
  • the number one income for the economy is tourism, second is offshore banking (no sales tax and low property tax, etc.)
Things Mom and Auntie Jane learned at the SAS reception for parents:
  • the cruise is going to be absolutely awesome!
  • 733 students and about 300 staff, crew, and lifelong learners
  • 70% women, 30% men
  • students from 8 countries
I was at Atlantis while they were being wined at dined, as shown by the pics above.

For more Bahamas pics, go to this website: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2046103&l=7e61a&id=704151

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't believe that you are doing semester at sea. I looked at it today and was debating on whether or not to apply for it.

Anonymous said...

That's a strange gender ratio. Where are all the men?

Anonymous said...

Hmm...only 30%? Not great odds but on the bright side, it's much more than MCC!

Miss you a lot. Was very sad last night about you being gone. The Duke can confirm that if necessary.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Becca! I am a girl in Mr. Schulteis's class and I think it's really cool what you are doing, and it sound's really fun. I can't believe the price for gas in the Bahamas, though!

Anonymous said...

I am a girl in Mr. Schultei's room. My name is Kendall. The shark picture is very cool! I like the one with the pointy nose! Your trips sound like a lot of fun. It is cool that you are taking classes on the ship too and then you get to travel around the world while you are still in school! That is really cool.
-Kendall

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is brody i am a student in Mr.Schulteis's class those sharks were really interesting were you scared?

Anonymous said...

The gas prices are crazy!!! This is jake from Mr.S's room

Anonymous said...

That is an awsome picture of a shark, is it a nurse or mako shark, because that is what it looks like

Anonymous said...

that is one mean looking shark did you get to feed it that would be so cool well i have to go bye

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
This is Hailey in Mr. Schulteis
Social Studies class. I was wondering if the Bahamas was fun? Is that where your whole trip started?